HIROAD Food LLC
Sustainability of the seafood that HIROAD Food buys and sells is an important and integral part of the way that HIROAD intends to do business. They work very hard to encourage recycling at the facilities that pack their seafood, less packaging materials and energy saving practices to lessen their footprint, and they recognize that there are steps that can be taken to ensure the seafood they provide to their customers was raised or harvested in an environmentally responsible manner. Sourcing sustainable seafood is not only important to the future of their business but to the livelihoods of fishermen and farmers worldwide not to mention to the health of the ocean ecosystem.
HIROAD Food is committed to:
- Assessing the current status of the fisheries and fish farms that supply the seafood products they buy and sell.
- Preferentially sourcing and selling environmentally-responsible seafood that addresses local, regional, and global concerns regarding environmental performance.
- If the source of the seafood product is found to be from an unsustainable source, they will utilize our purchasing influence to encourage less sustainable fisheries and farms to move forward with credible, documented improvement projects:
-Fishery Improvement Projects (FIPs)
-Aquaculture Improvement Projects (AIPs)
- Work to implement systems and practices to track seafood back to the harvest location or farm to ensure legality and to eliminate unreported and unregulated (IUU) seafood from their stores.
- Source from any fishery or fish farm that is unwilling to improve.
- Preferentially source from suppliers that share their commitment to sustainability and transparency.
- Educate their customers about the sustainability of the seafood products we sell.
HIROAD Foods will conduct a sustainability assessment of their products, and will work with their suppliers to apply the Sustainable Seafood Policy above to all procurement decisions. They will measure progress and work closely with suppliers and partners to ensure that improvements are being seen in fisheries and fish farms.
HIROAD Foods will provide updates on fishery and aquaculture improvement projects and their achievements periodically on thier website.
Delivery available via common carrier in the United States.
1 Results on 1 pages