FishChoice is expanding – and we’re looking for a qualified candidate with a passion for the marine environment and sustainable seafood to join our team. This full-time Project Coordinator position will be based in Fort Collins, CO and the coordinator will be working with both our staff headquartered in Fort Collins, Colorado as well as remote staff to fulfill a variety of organizational needs that will directly contribute to our goal of accelerating sustainability in the seafood industry.
At FishChoice, our team prides itself on our fun, collaborative work environment which comes as the direct result of the hard work we do each and every day. The right candidate needs to be flexible, responsive, proactive, and have a positive attitude. Our ideal candidate is not someone who is satisfied with meeting the status quo, they are an individual who strives to learn, is a creative problem solver, and is committed to helping our organization succeed.
FishChoice is a non-profit organization based in Fort Collins, Colorado. Our overall mission is to help commercial seafood buyers easily wade through the vast amount of environmental data at their disposal, to help them make informed sustainable purchasing decisions. FishChoice partners with leading environmental organizations in our field, and over five hundred seafood companies, to help determine the most sustainable seafood products on the market today. To achieve our mission, we operate two major industry-facing websites:
- FishChoice.com is a web-based platform designed to help businesses both buy and sell sustainable seafood and advance sustainability of seafood in the seafood industry
- FisheryProgress.org is a website that tracks the progress of Fishery Improvement Projects around the world (launched Fall 2016).
Data Entry & Management
- Record and maintain seafood company and product information in Salesforce
- Add/edit/upload content into websites
- Review existing data and content for functionality and accuracy
- Ensure information in Salesforce and on websites is up-to-date
- Identify and collect information on new members and leads
- Provide general staff support as needed for the organization
- Organize meetings, webinars, and trainings for the organization's audiences
- Supports phone meetings/conference calls, including scheduling, note-taking etc
Research & Communications
- Research sustainable seafood content which includes company information, seafood product information, sustainable seafood news and developments
- Develops and maintains relationships with our website users through regular outreach, and assistance to ensure client satisfaction
- Assists communication efforts such as digital newsletter, social media, and email communications
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated personal or professional experience in marine or environmental conservation
- Previous experience working in an office environment preferred
- Familiarity with sustainable seafood programs and issues preferred
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Drupal preferred
- Strong oral and written communicator with the ability to write, edit, and proofread communications and documents
- Computer proficient in MS Office
- Data entry
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of projects from start-to-finish
- Ability to work in a fast-moving team environment
Compensation and Schedule
This role will be a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Compensation will be based on prior experience. FishChoice maintains regular office hours Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
*Email your cover letter with a resume as an MS Word or PDF document to Mary Stevens on or before March 17, 2017, with the subject line (job title & your name).